Thursday 13 February 2014

Fractured by Dani Atkins

 

I was passing through W H Smiths in Brighton recently, and they had on display Fracture as book of the week. I read the blurb and thought it would give it a go as it looked promising.

I started to read it on the train on my way home that day and I completed it the following day.
I think that surmises what a great read it was by debut author Dani Atkins.

I don't want to give too much away, as I don't want to spoil it for anyone thinking of giving it a read, but it involves around main character Rachel and the aftermath of an event in her teens, that changes the rest of her live, with positive and not so positive repercussions.
The story is dark in places, but I feel that helps develop the plot and give a sense of realism. It's not all fluffy and light, but there are humour and hope throughout and a romantic theme carries the story from beginning to end.
The ending was gripping and left me feeling like I had gone on a journey with Rachel and there was a definite sense of closure for her at the end.

I would definitely recommend this if you are after something that is not all sweetness and light, but it is certainly a page turner.


You can buy a copy of the book here Fractured at Amazon.co.uk
You can find out more about Dani Atkins here Facebook Dani Atkins

No comments: