Thursday 13 February 2014

Love Detective by Alexandra Potter

 

I picked up this copy by Alexandra Potter in my local Sainbury's. I always seem to find a good read here and this one did not disappoint.

I don't want to give too much away in this review, but I will say I really enjoyed it. I read it within a few days as I kept on picking it up to keep finding out what was going to happen next.

The story centre's around Ruby, who is ironically an author of romance fiction, and after some personal issues decides to head to India for a holiday. Her holiday soon turns into more than just relaxing in the Indian sunshine as she embarks on a journey across the continent.

I liked the character Ruby as she is like the girl next door, bumbling through life. I could relate to her sense of panic near the beginning of the story after she arrives in India and starts on her journey to look for someone. As always there is a love interest, but the will they, won't they aspect kept me reading on in the hope of an happy ending.

The narrative flows well, which kept me turning each page. Alexandra captured the atmosphere of India well. Even though I have never visited the country, I could easily envisage the settings throughout the book, which helped suck me into the storyline. There was a good balance of drama, romance and humour throughout the story.

This book is highly recommendable for those who love a good romantic novel set in vibrant locations.

You can purchase a copy of Love Detective here on Amazon.

No comments: